Layers of shortbread cookie, rich fudgy brownies and a delicious chewy coconut caramel topping. These brownies are textured with three different layers and will be a huge hit!
Girl Scout Cookie season is among us and the Samoa Cookies happen to be my favorite, as I am sure you have gathered with all my Samoa Cookie inspired recipes.
This particular recipe is pretty amazing. It has a crispy shortbread cookie base. The cookie base is flakey and is a perfect compliment to the fudginess of the the brownies and the chewiness of the coconut-caramel topping.
The brownies are tall and rich. They are are super unique and will be a hit wherever they go!
- ¾ cups butter, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1⅓ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups toasted coconut
- 20 ounces caramel, I use Peter's caramel that comes in a 5 pound block, but you can also use 20 ounces caramel cubes and melt according to package directions
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- ¼ cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add vanilla, flour and salt and mix until well combined.
- Dump dough into prepared pan and press evenly over the bottom.
- Bake at 350 degrees F 10 minutes.
- While the cookies are baking, cream butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs and vanilla and blend well. Add salt, cocoa and flour and stir to combine. Don’t over beat.
- Remove from oven and spread brownie batter over the top of the shortbread cookie and return to oven for 24 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Melt caramel and milk and in microwave in 1 minute increments until smooth.
- Stir in toasted coconut.
- Spread over cooled brownies.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening in 30 second increments, stirring in between each increment until melted and smooth. Drizzle over caramel.