This Fried Mozzarella is simple, delicious and a perfect appetizer. The outside is crispy with a gooey soft cheesy inside. It is drizzled with Alfredo and paired with Marinara. The flavor combo makes this one outrageously tasty party food!
My pregnancy cravings have been so weird this pregnancy. One day I hate salt. The next I don’t. Fruit and sugar tend to be a constant. I am pretty sure I have ice cream every single day. I go out to lunch (or dessert-lunch; thats a thing right?) almost everyday. The other day I went to one of my favorite Mexican restaurants for lunch JUST to order their Fried Ice Cream, nothing else. It was heavenly but I’m pretty sure the waitress looked at me like, “You’re really going to eat this all by yourself?” even though she didn’t say anything.
Occasionally though, I get a craving for something salty when I go out to lunch. One particular day drove me to Olive Garden. I was looking over the menu and the main thing that caught my eye was actually an appetizer. It was called Fried Mozzarella. It was different than mozzarella sticks in the sense it had a slightly less thick outside shell and I could instantly tell it was made from slices of a block of mozzarella cheese because they were rectangular in shape.
The thing that caught my attention the most was that they drizzled them with Alfredo sauce and paired it with Marinara sauce for dipping. The addition of Alfredo was absolutely brilliant and was truly a perfect paring.
I knew as soon as I got home I needed to recreate it so that I could have this the next time I had a random salty craving because this truly hit the spot.
If you are looking for a perfect, easy, last minute idea for the Super Bowl this Sunday or need a great party appetizer that people will be going crazy over, give these a try! You will not regret it!
- Place flour on a plate.
- Mix eggs until well blended.
- Mix Panko, Parmesan, parsley, and salt together in a small bowl and then carefully pour onto a plate.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat to 365 degrees F.
- Toss sliced mozzarella cheese in the flour, then in the egg, and finally in the Panko mixture.
- When oil is ready and up to temperature, cook the cheese in the oil for about 30 seconds to 1 minute until golden brown.
- Remove carefully from oil and drain on a paper towel.
- Serve with marinara and alfredo sauce.