This Creamy Three Cheese Mac and Cheese could make a wonderful main dish or side dish. It is so creamy and the three cheeses blend together beautifully. This recipe is delicious and completely made from scratch. Adults and kids will both devour this mac and cheese.
You would think that since I am a food blogger, that my kids have the most broad enjoyment of flavors. That they eat just about anything I make because they are used to it. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. However, this is ALWAYS one type of recipe I can get them to devour and that is mac and cheese. My husband and I love mac and cheese too so I can’t complain when they request it.
This Creamy Three Cheese Mac and Cheese is made entirely from scratch and is so smooth and silky but then has a delicious contrasting texture with the bread crumbs. This recipe would make a fabulous main or side dish.
WHAT CHEESES ARE USED IN THREE CHEESE MAC AND CHEESE?
- cream cheese
- sharp cheddar cheese
- pepper jack cheese
This has been requested repeated times in my home. It has flavor, texture and family approved!
- 1 pound cooked elbow macaroni noodles
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter over medium high heat. Add flour and cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add milk, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Add cream cheese and continue stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat and add 1½ cups cheddar cheese and 1½ cups Pepper Jack cheese.
- If your sauce pan is big enough stir in noodles into the cheese sauce and then pour into the baking dish.
- If it is not then place noodles in the baking dish and pour the cheese sauce over the noodles and carefully stir until all the noodles are evenly coated.
- In a small bowl combine the Panko bread crumbs and the butter.
- Stir well and then add ½ cup of the cheddar cheese and ½ cup of the Pepper Jack cheese.
- Mix well.
- Sprinkle evenly over the macaroni and cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.