This recipe is PERFECT for the holidays! Packed with delicious seasonal flavor, this appetizer is absolutely delicious and super simple to make! It will quickly become a new favorite
I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and happy holidays! It has been so fun to just take a break and spend time with family. I adore my family :) Can you believe 2016 is in just a few short days?! It is so hard for me to even fathom another new year is here. It seems like just yesterday it was the first day of 2015 and I was making and setting new goals for the new year. The days are flying by, almost too quickly.
New Years is one of my FAVORITE Holidays! I love the idea of starting clean, fresh, anew. I also love ALL the yummy appetizers! My husband adores cream cheese, so he gets pretty excited to see the menu line up each year.
As I was pondering some new appetizer ideas, it dawned on me to make this Cranberry Orange Cheese Ball. The flavor is perfect for this time of year and it tastes like perfection! The craisins provide such a wonderful pop of color and texture while the orange gives it such a refreshing taste.
If you are looking for a fun, delicious and unique appetizer, then give this one a try! It is sure to be a huge hit!
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup craisins
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup chopped candied pecans
- ½ cup craisins
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- Stir softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in craisins, orange zest, orange juice and powdered sugar until well combined.
- Set bowl in fridge and allow to firm up for about 10 minutes or just long enough to be able to form a ball.
- Roll into a cream cheese mixture into a ball and place on a plate or tray and place in freezer to soft set for 10 minutes.
- While cheese ball is soft setting, combine coating ingredients onto a large tray or plate. Roll cheese ball into the topping ingredients to coat on the outside completely.
- Cover with saran wrap and store in fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve with crackers.