Cranberry Cheesecake Brownies
Three words that will dress up your holiday dessert table in the most delicious way. Cranberry Cheesecake Brownies.
These brownies are as delicious as they are beautiful! Rich, fudgy brownies filled with holiday flavor! They are a complete show stopper!
The cream cheese layer really enhances these brownies and takes them to the next level. With chopped up cranberries, it adds such a pop of flavor perfect for the winter season. Just the right amount of tart to balance out the sweet.
The Sugared Cranberries placed on top really take them over the top. Everyone I served these brownies to commented on how beautiful they were and that they had a flavor to match!
If you are looking for a great new holiday dessert, give these Cranberry Cheesecake Brownies a try! You won’t be disappointed!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1⅓ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup cranberries, finely chopped in a food processor
- ¾ cup semi sweet chocolate chips, melted with 1 teaspoon shortening
- ¾ cup white chocolate chip, melted with 1 teaspoon shortening
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- ¾ cup sugar
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and vanilla and blend well. Add salt, cocoa and flour and stir to combine. Don’t overbeat.
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, and sugar. Beat until smooth. Add egg. Beat again until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla and cranberries. Mix until well blended.
- Spoon half of the brownie batter in the bottom of a greased 9X13 pan.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the brownie batter.
- With a large spoon drop remaining brownie batter over cream cheese mixture and swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes. Test doneness with a knife to see if it comes out clean. When done, remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Melt chocolates separately in microwave safe bowls with shortening in 30 second increments, stirring in between each increment until chocolate is smooth and melted. Drizzle chocolates over cooled brownies.
- Place cranberries in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, combine sugar and water over medium heat until it reaches a simmer and sugar dissolves.
- Remove pan from heat and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Once syrup has cooled for 10 minutes, pour the syrup over the top of cranberries. Let cranberries cool completely. Once completely cooled, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night.
- The next day, drain cranberries.
- Place ¾ cup sugar in a shallow dish and add the cranberries in small batches coating well with the sugar.
- Remove from sugar and place cranberries on a a baking sheet. Let stand for 1 hour. Can be stored in an airtight container for 1 week in the refrigerator.
Averie @ Averie Cooks
These are such perfect brownies and have so many awesome things all rolled into one! The berries, the cheesecake, the fudgy chocolate factor - mmm! :) Pinned!
Leave a Comment