Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frosted Cookies… these are a chocolate chip cookie lover’s dream come true! Fresh Baked cookie and a cookie dough frosting- its like the best of both worlds!
Have you tried my Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookie Frosting yet?! If not, you are missing out- it is seriously INCREDIBLE and tastes just like the real deal.
The other day I walked into my favorite sweet treats store, Sweet Tooth Fairy. She had some delicious chocolate chip cookies frosted with her ever tasty cookie dough frosting. After first bite, I knew what I would be recreating. The end result was FABULOUS!
These cookies were the favorite of the party! Everyone raved about them. It is seriously the best of both worlds. Dough and baked cookie heaven :)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 5 Tbsp. butter, softened
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 envelope Dream Whip, you can omit this. It just helps a little with the consistency
- 2 Tablespoons milk, more if needed to reach desired consistency
- ½ cup flour
- 3 cups powdered sugar, more if needed to reach desired consistency
- ⅔ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¾ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable shortening
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl cream butter and sugars together. Add eggs and vanilla and beat again. Add flour, soda, and salt and blend until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoons onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cream softened cream cheese and butter together in a large bowl.
- Add brown sugar, vanilla and Dream Whip and evenly beat together.
- Add milk, flour and powdered sugar and beat to evenly incorporate until smooth. (If you need to add a little milk to thin it, feel free to do so. I prefer my frosting thick so I never needed to)
- Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Frost cooled cookies.
- In a small microwavable bowl combine chocolate chips and shortening. Melt on high for 30 second increments. Drizzle over frosted cookies.