Summertime is filled with many birthdays at our house. I am always pondering ways to change up the flavors of the cake to avoid repetition. My little girl adores pink and I knew a Cherry Frosting would be absolutely perfect for her.
Let me tell you, this frosting is FANTASTIC and I love that it uses fresh cherries. These cupcakes disappeared almost as soon as they hit the table and the Cherry Frosting was everyone’s favorite part.
It was the perfect topping on the cupcakes and will definitely be a recipe I make over and over again!
- 1 cup salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup fresh cherries, pitted and diced (remove all excess liquid)
- a couple drops of pink or red food coloring, optional
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter. Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract and cherries. Beat until creamy.