Summertime is filled with many birthdays at our house. I am always pondering ways to change up the flavors of the cake to avoid repetition. My little girl adores pink and I knew a Cherry Frosting would be absolutely perfect for her.
Let me tell you, this frosting is FANTASTIC and I love that it uses fresh cherries. These cupcakes disappeared almost as soon as they hit the table and the Cherry Frosting was everyone’s favorite part.
It was the perfect topping on the cupcakes and will definitely be a recipe I make over and over again!
- 1 cup salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup fresh cherries, pitted and diced (remove all excess liquid)
- a couple drops of pink or red food coloring, optional
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter. Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract and cherries. Beat until creamy.
This frosting looks beautiful. I love cherries and really prefer to use fresh fruit in frosting if I can. Gorgeous post thank you. Sammie http://www.feastingisfun.com
Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie
I love strawberry frosting but have never had cherry, I bet it's super rich and wonderful.
Julianne @ Beyond Frosting
This is such a gorgeous frosting!
I love anything cherry flavored. I think this frosting would be fabulous on a dark chocolate cupcake! Yum! Beautiful!
Do you think this could work with frozen cherries?
Excellent frosting!! Everyone loved it. It's a keeper in my house!
Leave a Comment