Food and I have a crazy relationship. When I taste something amazing, I go weak in the knees. Yes, I have a love affair with food :)
Have you tried a cannoli before? If not, I dare say you are missing out! They are spectacular! A crispy outside.. and that interior… YUM! Then it dawned on me, how perfect would it be to make a dip out of the insides!?! And it was just that… perfect.
I browsed the internet and found it had been done before, a couple times in fact. I played around with some recipes and found what I think to be the perfect recipe. I adapted a recipe from Cooking Classy and the end result is PERFECTION! I found some waffle crisp cookies, that resemble a waffle cone down the cookie aisle at my grocery store. They were fantastic with this dip and really made the cannoli feel complete. You can dip whatever you would like to though!
This would be a hit at your next get together!
- 8 oz. Mascarpone cheese
- 1½ cups Ricotta, drained
- 1¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- ⅛ cup heavy cream
- mini chocolate chips for topping
- Strain Ricotta cheese to eliminate excess fluid.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, ricotta, powdered sugar, vanilla and heavy cream. Mix until smooth and well combined.
- Pour into a serving bowl and sprinkle mini chocolate chips over the top.
- Serve with waffle cones, waffle cookies, vanilla wafers or whatever you would like.