A simple and delicious yellow cake with an incredible cream layer and smooth chocolate frosting to top it off! This serves a crowd and will be a huge hit wherever it goes!
Boston Cream Pie is one of my favorite treats! The combo of the cream filling, chocolate frosting and yellow cake makes my heart so happy :)
This “custard”y “pudding” layer has been one my family has been making for a while now. It is SO simple but the flavor is outrageously good!
This cake feeds a crowd and is beyond easy to make. I had one too many pieces than I should have, but I just couldn’t stop. This cake is fabulous!
It starts with a cake mix, but then is doctored up to make one moist and flavorful yellow cake. It has such a wonderful texture.
- 1 box yellow cake, dry
- 1 small instant vanilla pudding, dry
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large boxes instant vanilla pudding, dry not prepared
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup half and half
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl mix all ingredients together on high.
- Pour batter into a 10 x 15 inch jelly roll pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all filling ingredients and mix well until it begins to thicken.
- Refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- In a medium microwavable bowl, melt chocolate and half and half in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each increment until chocolate is melted.
- Stir in powder sugar until smooth.
- Spread cream filling over cooled cake.
- Carefully spread chocolate frosting over cake.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.