For those that follow me on instagram, you may have seen my post some bars- these are NOT them, but they are good! That recipe will hopefully be coming in the next week :)
Do you have some ripe bananas? Need a recipe to make with them? Give these bars a try! My sister has been making this recipe for a year or so now which comes from The Girl Who Ate Everything. She is not a chocolate person at all (unlike me) and always brings these when she is in charge of dessert. They are amazing!
The Brown Butter Frosting is similar to one that is already on the blog, but compliments the banana flavor PERFECTLY! This recipe is just like Banana Bread, only more cake like and made into bars :) You definitely need to give these a try- you won’t regret it!
- 1½ cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 3 Tablespoon milk, more if needed to reach desired consistency
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease and flour 15 by 10 inch jelly roll pan.
- In a large bowl, beat togehter sugar, sour cream, butter and eggs until creamy. Blend in bananas and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, salt and mix until well combined. Spread batter evenly into pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make while cake is baking. Heat butter in large saucepan over medium heat until boiling. Let the butter turn a delicagte brown and remove from heat immediately. Add powder sugar, vanilla,and milk. Whisk togehter until smooth, (it should be thicker than a glaze but thinner than frosting.) Using spatula, spread the frosting over the warm bars.
(recipe source: The Girl Who Ate Everything)