These Baked Creamy Chile Verde Chicken Taquitos are so easy to make and are beyond delicious! This will quickly become a new family favorite!
Baked taquitos are always a family favorite at our house. I have tried them in a variety of ways, but our favorite are still these Creamy Chicken Taquitos. I wanted to do some adapting for a new flavor and to make it even faster to whip up and thus these beauties were born.
I am not kidding when I say that these Creamy Chile Verde Chicken Taquitos whip up in minutes. They are baked to perfection and not fried, which is a huge bonus in my opinion. My family could not stop gobbling these up! I would call this meal a HUGE success and know it will be at your home as well!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup green chili Verde sauce
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 13 to 15 (7-inch) tortillas
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cream cheese and chili Verde sauce and mix well. Stir in chicken, green chilies and cheese.
- Place tortillas on a flat working surface and place a large spoonful of the chicken mixture in the center of the tortilla. Roll tight and secure with toothpicks.
- Place taquito on cookie sheet.
- Repeat until you have used all the filling.
- Brush with melted butter and bake at 425 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.