These Bacon Ranch Scalloped Potatoes are LOADED with incredible flavor. It will an instant favorite and soar to the top of your family’s favorite side dishes!
Potatoes are one of my absolute favorite side dishes. They are so versatile in their possibilities. I have dressed up my potatoes in numerous ways, but these are definitely one of my new favorites!
These potatoes are stacked upright in columns rather than flat. It makes it easier for the creamy sauce to get in-between each potato to make sure it is loaded with flavor in each and every bite.
Bacon and ranch are two flavors that are meant for each other and really come to life in this dish. If you are looking for a side dish that will completely wow all who try it, this is the one for you! The sauce is so creamy and rich and makes these potatoes taste out of this world!
- 5 large potatoes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup butter
- ⅓ cup flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups milk
- 2 packages ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup cooked and chopped bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray spray.
- Placed sliced potatoes upright in baking dish in two rows the length of the baking dish.
- In a medium sauce pan melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook for 1 minute. Add cream, milk and ranch and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup cheese.
- Pour sauce over potatoes and make sure the sauce gets in between all the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Top with bacon, cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Potatoes are done when they are tender when you insert a fork.