I love quick and easy snack and treat ideas for on the go, gift ideas or after school snacks. I come from a family of popcorn connoisseurs, so when my good blog friend Ashton from Something Swanky asked me to take a look at her cookbook and do a review for her, I couldn’t WAIT to get my hands on it!
Let me tell you, this cookbook is where it’s at for all your popcorn needs; sweet, salty, savory, dessert, simple, fancy- you name it! This book has it all!
Narrowing it down to the one I wanted to share with you was tough! I seriously had like 10 different recipes bookmarked and took a poll with anyone I came in contact with. Finally I decided upon the one I am going to share with you today, Avalanche Popcorn.
The name, Avalanche, doesn’t really go into really any detail on its ingredients, but just know its amazing!
It combines white chocolate, peanut butter, rice krispie cereal (or any cereal like it), marshmallows and even more chocolate. It is seriously SO delicious and addictive!
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup white chocolate may use vanilla melting candy
- 3 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 cup rice krispie cereal
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup chocolate melting candy
- In a large bowl, place the popped popcorn, removing any unpopped kernels. Set aside.
- In a medium, microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate and peanut butter in 30 second increments, stirring between each increment until chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Pour the white chocolate-peanut butter mixture over the top of popcorn, but do not stir yet. Add rice krispie cereal and mini marshmallows and gently toss or stir to coat.
- Pour the popcorn mixture on a large piece of parchment paper and gently spread to a single layer.
- Place the milk chocolate melting candy ion the microwave and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each increment until smooth and melted.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the top of popcorn.
- Allow to cool until chocolate has hardened. Break into pieces before packaging or transferring to a bowl to serve. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.