This Asparagus Chicken Pancetta Risotto is packed with flavor and delicious ingredients. This recipe is great any time of year. It makes meal time easy because the recipe is loaded with protein and vegetables all in one.
Dinner can sometimes be tricky at my house with 4 children with very diverse palates from one another. Time is a bit of an issue this time of year as school and extra curricular activities are coming to a close and car pool days are longer than ever. This is why meal time prep needs to be quick, easy and if possible all-in-one to save on several recipes.
This Asparagus Chicken Pancetta Risotto has it all! Asparagus is one of my family’s favorite vegetables and I love how it is found inside the main dish. The risotto is creamy and fully of yummy flavor and the chicken, pancetta and bacon make this recipe packed with protein.
If you are looking for a tasty all in one meal, look no further because this one is sure to be a huge hit!
- 1½ cups asparagus chopped into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large chicken breast, cubed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 5 ounces Pancetta
- ½ cup bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 medium shallots, diced
- 1½ cups Arborio rice
- ½ cup white cooking wine
- 7 to 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- In a medium skillet with shallow water, cook asparagus for 2 minutes or until it turns bright green. Drain and set aside. (Do not over cook)
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook chicken in the olive oil for five minutes, or until done. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add butter, Pancetta, and bacon to skillet and cook for about 4 minutes until crisp.
- Add shallots and rice and cook for another five minutes until the rice is lightly toasted and translucent on the ends.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the white cooking wine and stir constantly until it is absorbed.
- Add 1 cup of chicken broth and cook until it is absorbed, stirring constantly. Continue this process until the rice is tender and plump. Risotto should be creamy. This is going to take about 25 minutes so patience is required.
- Stir in the last Tablespoon of butter.
- Add the asparagus and chicken back in and then the Parmigiano-Reggiano. Stir until melted.
- Serve immediately.
- To reheat add more chicken broth to make it creamy again.