This S’more Cake Roll is outstanding! It begins with a delicious moist chocolate cake and is filled with a wonderful marshmallow cream filling and topped with graham cracker crumbs. This is sure to be a show stopper wherever it goes!
I feel like I am finally in the home stretch until baby girl comes. With my last baby, over 3 years ago, I didn’t even get the carseat until 5 days before he was born. I promised myself I wouldn’t let it get that close again before I prepared. So yesterday I started washing all the totes of girls clothes from my oldest along with the new clothes. It is amazing how much joy a little onsie can bring! I can’t wait to meet this cute baby girl!
Along with getting the clothes ready, I have been cooking up a storm trying to get some recipes stocked up for when she gets here. This S’more Cake Roll was one of my absolute favorites as of lately!
The chocolate cake is so delicious and tastes amazing paired with the marshmallow cream filling and graham cracker crumbs. This was a huge hit! I can’t wait until I get the opportunity to make it again!
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, separated
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup whipped cream
- (2) 7 ounce jars of marshmallow cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup cocoa
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons milk
- 3 graham crackers, broken into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease bottom only of 10" x15" jelly roll pan. Line with parchment paper and grease and flour the whole pan.
- In small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In separate small bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add half of the sugar, beating continuously until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat egg yolks until thick. Add remaining sugar and vanilla; beat until very thick. Stir in water. Add flour mixture gradually, folding into egg yolk mixture after each addition. Gently fold in beaten egg whites.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until cake springs back to the touch.
- Loosen edges and immediately turn cake onto towel dusted with powdered sugar and remove parchment paper. Starting with one of the short/narrow sides, roll until you meet the other short/narrow side. Roll up cake in towel; cool completely.
- In medium bowl beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Add marshmallow cream and beat on low until blended. Fold in whipped cream. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, cream butter. Add cocoa, powdered sugar, salt, vanilla and milk and mix until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Unroll cooled cake; remove towel.
- Spread cake with filling.
- Sprinkle ¾ cup graham crackers over marshmallow cream cheese mixture
- Roll up again.
- Frost filled roll.
- Sprinkle broken graham pieces over frosting
- Cover and refrigerate.