This Nutella Molten Lava Cake is infused with delicious Nutella. It starts melting out the moment you cut into it and enriches every bite. This is one heavenly dessert you won’t want to miss out on!
My family and I just got back from a week long family vacation a few days ago. It was so fun and a much needed break for all of us. Sometimes I think we all need to hit a refresh button and this was a fantastic one for me. That said, I am so ready to get back into the swing of my own life now. Starting with this Nutella Molten Lava Cake.
Nutella and I go way back. I am obsessed with the stuff! So after making the original Chocolate Molten Lava Cake and the White Chocolate Molten Lava Cake, I KNEW that Nutella was on the must try list. Trust me on this, this is one dessert you are going to want to try asap!
From the moment you cut into this divine dessert, Nutella starts melting out and becomes infused into each and every bite. It is so dreamy and the perfect dessert for special occasions!
- 4 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, I have also used 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips with success
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 Tablespoons flour
- 8 Tablespoons Nutella
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray 4 small (6-8 oz) ramekin dishes with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, combine butter and chocolate and melt in 30 second increments, string between each increment until chocolate and butter are combined and smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and stir in evenly.
- Add eggs and egg yolks and beat in until well combined.
- Stir in flour until well combined.
- Pour and distribute batter evenly in the 4 prepared ramekin dishes, reserve 8 spoonfuls of batter to go over the top of the Nutella
- Place 2 tablespoon of Nutella into the center of each cake and then cover with the remaining batter, about 2 spoonfuls of batter per ramekin.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 12-13 minutes until edges are firm and center is soft, but not super jiggly.
- Let cool for 1 minutes. Using a knife, gently pull cake away from the edges then invert onto plate or serving dish.
- Serve with dusted powdered sugar, ice cream, magic shell or however desired. No matter how you want to eat it, serve immediately.