Birthdays are a big deal at our house. The birthday boy or girl is king or queen of the house for one day.
Every year on my birthday, without fail, we have some sort of skillet cookie. I actually prefer it over cake. Am I crazy?… well, maybe but I don’t really care. Something about partially hot cooked cookie with ice cream melting over the top just makes my knees buckle.
My sister got this recipe from her in-laws and it was approved by all who ate it! It has a delicious cream cheese sauce that you drizzle over the top that is a beautiful compliment. I don’t know where they got their recipe from, but I did some researching and found one that is extremely similar to my friend Ashton’s over at Something Swanky and just always want to be sure to give some credit where credit is due :)
This Amazing Blondie Skillet Cookie literally melts-in-your-mouth. Each and every bite is heavenly.
Do not let this recipe pass you up, because not only does it taste spectacular, but it is SO simple to make!
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts, optional
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, and egg and beat until smooth. Add vanilla and mix again. Add soda, baking powder, and flour and mix until well incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Spray an 8x8 inch baking dish or for best results- a cast iron skillet- with cooking spray and pour batter into the dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- While cookie is baking make drizzle. When cookie is done top with ice cream and pour drizzle over ice cream.
- Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth. Then heat drizzle in microwave for 22 seconds.