During the summertime, I am always looking for fun new treats for my kiddos. And what I discover time and time again is that it is the really simple stuff that captivates them the most.
That’s where these S’more Ice Cream Sandwiches were thought of.
The concept is SO simple, the flavor delicious and it is also a great way to cool down the summer heat.
These are such an easy treat to whip up for a crowd that will have everyone smiling!
It has delicious layers of marshmallow creme, chocolate ice cream, chocolate frosting all sandwiched between graham crackers. It cools down the traditional S’more and makes it something suiting for the hot weather!
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 18 graham crackers
- ½ gallon chocolate ice cream, (in a rectangle carton)
- 1 7ounce jar marshmallow creme
- In a medium microwavable bowl melt butter and chocolate chips for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat with an electric mixer. Add milk and beat again until smooth.
- Spread graham crackers out on cookie sheets and break into squares. On half of them spread marshmallow creme. On the other half spread the frosting. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove sides of ice cream carton and slice ice cream in 16-18 squares. Place a square of ice cream on the marshmallow side of sandwich and then place the frosting side on the other side of the sandwich.
- Repeat for all squares and freeze for 2 hours before serving.