Almond and Cherry are a match made in flavor heaven…
These sheet cake is moist and AMAZING! The Cherry Frosting itself will blow your mind. And as I have mentioned before, I am OBSESSED with almond extract… The smell alone gets my mouth watering!
The cake is moist and delicious. Another great thing about this cake is that it serves quite a few people because it is made in a cookie sheet so it is great for feeding a crowd.
This is definitely a cake you are going to want to try out! It truly is phenomenal!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons almond extract
- ½ cup pitted and chopped fresh cherries, drain excess juice
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ cup pitted and processed fresh cherries, (processed meaning finely chopped in food processor) drain excess juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, add water and butter and bring to a boil. Add flour and sugar, mix well. Add baking soda, almond extract and sour cream. Add the eggs and mix again. Stir in chopped cherries. Pour batter into a greased 13x18 inch cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until middle is set.
- Let cool completely and make frosting.
- In a medium microwave safe mixing bowl, bring butter and milk to a boil. Add powdered sugar, almond extract, cherries and salt and beat until smooth.
- Frost the top of cooled almond cherry sheet cake.
- Sprinkle top of cake with sliced almonds.
(recipe adapted from this Almond Sheet Cake)