I have been anxiously awaiting to share this recipe with you!
First, I really need to thank you all for your patience with me as I endured some serious morning sickness for nearly half of my pregnancy. Being so sick sure made cooking and baking really difficult. Luckily, I seem to be better… knock on wood. Have I announced to you its a BOY?! We are so excited! Our oldest is a girl, Avrie, and I am now excited to have two of the same gender in a row. Our little Jace needs a little brother around the house :) Since I am finally feeling myself-ish again, you can expect to see more recipes on the blog again! woot!
Okay, back to today’s recipe… German Chocolate Cookies. They are German Chocolate Cake in cookie form… which means these cookies are insanely delicious!
They begin with a soft and chewy German Chocolate Cake Mix cookie and are topped with Coconut Pecan Frosting and then drizzled with chocolate! Is your mouthwatering yet?! It should be, just take a look at these beauties….
- 2 boxes german chocolate cake mix, dry
- 4 eggs
- 10 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1⅓ cup sweetened shredded coconut, for drizzle
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 oz. melted chocolate candy coating, for drizzle
- combine cake mix, eggs and melted butter in a large mixing bowl and beat until well mixed. Batter should be sticky and thick.
- Roll into one inch balls and place on lightly greased cookie sheet. 12 balls to a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for about 8 minutes. DO NOT overcook these cookies. Place on wired wrack to cool and let them cool completely.
- Add evaporated milk, sugar, egg yolks, butter and vanilla to a large pan and place on stovetop over medium heat. Stir to evenly combine and continue stirring until thickened (takes about 12 minutes). Once thickened remove from heat and add coconut and pecans. Beat until thick enough to spread.
- Spread frosting over the tops of cooled cookies.
- Drizzle with melted candy coating and let set up.