One of my favorite appetizers to get at a restaurant is just your typical “Chips and Salsa.”
Chili’s salsa is my absolute favorite! MMM! Sometimes, my hubby and I will just go buy some whenever we get a hankering for it!
You can imagine my excitement when I found this copy-cat recipe from Deals to Meals! My husband had a salsa contest at work and I knew that this recipe would be PERFECT for it! Last year I brought Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips, but this year I thought it would be fun to do a salty/spicy one. It was a big hit and everyone LOVED it! This recipe tastes EXACTLY like the original!
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans whole tomatoes, drained
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced jalapenos
- ¼ cup onion
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. lime juice, I like fresh limes
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, to add some chunks, you can dice up the tomatoes really small for added texture. Completely optional.
- Place all ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth. I stirred in some small diced Roma Tomatoes just for some added texture, but that is completely optional.
(recipe from: Deals to Meals)