I LOVE cafe Rio! Their food is delicious and definitely one of my personal favorites. Yesterday, I posted the recipe for Cafe Rio’s Creamy Tomatillo Dressing, and a couple weeks ago I shared a recipe for Cafe Rio’s Chicken and today I am going to share a recipe for their Sweet Pork. I really enjoy the flavor of their sweet pork and was excited to find a recipe for it.
- 2 pounds pork roast
- 2 cans Coke (NOT diet)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce (I used Old El Paso and I used only ¾ of can)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Put the pork in a large ziplock bag.
- Add 1 can Coke and ½ cup brown sugar in bag. Seal bag shut and make sure the marinade gets all over the pork. Place in fridge and marinate overnight.
- When ready to put in slow cooker, drain marinade and put pork in slow cooker. Pour ½ can of Coke, water and garlic salt over pork in the slow cooker. Cover with lid and cook on HIGH for about 3-4 hours.
- Once pork is completely cooked, shred up the pork with two forks.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ½ can of Coke, can of chiles, enchilada sauce and brown sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Cover the pork with sauce and heat just until warmed through.
To make your salad Cafe Rio Style you will need:(any are optional of course)
shredded cheddar cheese
Rice-they use a cilantro rice
Black or Pinto Beans (I tend to prefer black beans in my salad, my picture below is with pinto because I was out)
Cafe Rio Sweet Pork or Chicken
Pico de Gallo
Avacado or Guacamole
Tortilla strips (Or crumbled tortilla chips)
Cafe Rio’s Tomatillo Dressing
For those that either haven’t been or haven’t heard of Cafe Rio, Here is how they layer and make their yummy salads!