I went home to visit my parents a few weeks ago and pleasantly walked into these bad boys sitting on the counter top.
As if rice krispie treats weren’t delicious enough, the Oreos add the perfect touch of flavor and texture to jazz up this basic treat. My husband, a die hard Oreo fanatic, could not get these in his mouth fast enough. They could possible be his new favorite treat.
My mom came across this recipe form Glorious Treats and now it is here to stay. We love it.
Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
By December 13, 2012
This recipe is amazing. The Oreos give this classic recipe the new perfect spin.
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 6 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 20 Regular Oreos chopped
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- white chocolate for drizzle optional
- Spray a 9x13 dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, pour measured Rice Krispie Cereal.
- Chop and mash Oreos. You can do this by putting them in a ziplock bag to help keep the mess under control. You want the Oreos to be a variety of sizes from chunky to finely crushed.
- Add Oreos to Rice Krispy cereal and stir to combine.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat butter and marshmallows together over medium heat, stirring constantly, until they melt together.
- Pour melted marshmallows over cereal and oreos and use a spatula sprayed with non-stick cooking spray to quickly combine all the ingredients.
- As soon as all the cereal is combined, spread mixture into the prepared 9×13″ dish. Use the spatula to press the mixture around the dish, and flatten as needed.
- Let sit until completely cooled. NOTE: When the rice kris pie treats and cooled I drizzled mine with some white chocolate and let it set until it hardened for a pretty finish.
(recipe from: Glorious Treats)