This recipe for Easy Pavlova is light, crisp, chewy and airy. It is absolutely delicious topped with whipped cream and fresh fruit!
I had my first Pavlova at my Aunt’s house and fell in love with this simple and light dessert. She made it for me while I was visiting her because I have 3 cousins in my family who have Celiac Disease and this is their go-to dessert. I was super skeptical at first, but after my first bite, I was hooked!
Describing this is one of the hardest things to do because it’s texture and flavor are such a variety of things. This dessert is chewy, crispy and airy.
They are not dense in the slightest. The back up with a harder shell but the inside is chewy. It is the right amount of sweet flavor and tastes absolutely amazing!
Top it with some homemade whipped cream and fresh fruit and you have one magnificent dessert that not only tastes delicious but is such a pretty presentation!
Definitely give this a try! It is such a simple and elegant dessert!
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ Tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh fruit, I like rasperries and blueberries
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a drinking glass trace 8 circles onto the parchment paper and then flip the paper over and set aside.
- Beat egg whites in a medium bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Add the vanilla and the corn starch and beat again. Add the white vinegar and beat again until fully mixed.
- Scoop the meringue onto the circles and spread until each circle is filled.
- Place in oven and then turn the oven down to 250 degrees F.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes they are slightly brown and sound hollow.
- Turn oven off and leave pavlovas inside with the oven door open. Let pavlovas sit in there until completely cooled.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine cream, vanilla, almond extract, and sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Top pavlovas with whipped cream and fruit.