A rich delicious cake that is magically develops a hot fudge base at the bottom and is spooned into a bowl for one delectable and gorgeous chocolate flowing cake.
Chocolate is my obsession! So you can imagine my delight when I discovered this Hot Fudge Pudding Cake. The bottom layer literally transforms into hot fudge when baking, so it is ready to be scooped out immediately and served with ice cream.
This cake was rich and tasted absolutely incredible! If you are a chocolate lover like myself, put this cake on your must try list! It is fabulous!
- 1¼ cups hot water
- 1½ cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Vanilla ice cream to serve on the top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil water and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together ¾ cup sugar, flour, ½ cup cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Add milk, melted butter and vanilla.
- Spray 9-inch baking dish or an 11x7 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into pan.
- In small mixing bowl, add the rest of the sugar, the rest of the cocoa, and the brown sugar. Stir to incorporate ingredients. Sprinkle this over the chocolate batter in the baking dish.
- Pour the hot water over the top. Don't stir the water in!
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until the center is done.
- Let stand for 10 minutes and then serve immediately with ice cream.