This is an easy and delicious homemade candy that makes a lot in one batch! If you love peanuts, you will love this candy!
I am always looking for fun new treats to make for the holidays as neighbor gifts. Peanut Brittle is always a classic. I was elated to find this delicious recipe on Martha Stewart. It is super simple and makes a ton!
Homemade candy is always a little overwhelming to most people, but don’t let that deter you. This recipe is really not that hard and it tastes AMAZING!
If you are looking for a recipe that can make a lot in one batch and that is delicious, give this one a try!
- 2½ cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Butter a 10" x 13" cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium hight heat, combine peanuts, sugar, and corn syrup. Stir constantly until mixture has been brought to a boil.
- Once a boil has been reached, iInsert a candy thermometer and continue to boil, without stirring until temperature reaches 295 degrees. This will take about 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add baking soda and butter, stirring quickly.
- Pour onto buttered cookie sheet. Spread as thin as you can.
- Cool for about 40 minutes and break into bite size pieces.