We have these two places here in Utah called Cafe Rio and Costa Vida. They are two different restaurants but very similar in menu options. They are both INSANELY delicious and one of my favorite places to eat!
My favorite meat at both these places is called Sweet Pork. The flavor is HEAVENLY!
I used a copy cat meat recipe (you can find that recipe along with sever other copy cat recipes from that restaurant HERE on my blog) Trust me, you will want to check out those recipes :)
These nachos were a HIT! Everyone couldn’t get enough of them! It was a super simple meal to make and I am sure your family/company will love them just as much as we do!
- 2 pounds pork roast
- 2 cans Coke (NOT diet)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce (I used Old El Paso and I used only ¾ of can)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 cup black beans
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- Sour Cream
- Cilantro to garnish
- Put the pork in a large ziplock bag.
- Add 1 can Coke and ½ cup brown sugar in bag. Seal bag shut and make sure the marinade gets all over the pork. Place in fridge and marinate overnight.
- When ready to put in slow cooker, drain marinade and put pork in slow cooker. Pour ½ can of Coke, water and garlic salt over pork in the slow cooker. Cover with lid and cook on HIGH for about 3-4 hours.
- Once pork is completely cooked, shred up the pork with two forks.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ½ can of Coke, can of chiles, enchilada sauce and brown sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Cover the pork with sauce and heat just until warmed through.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheet with foil and spray with vegetable oil.
- Spread chips over the cookie sheet.
- Distribute about 3 cups of the pork over the chips and sprinkle the beans and cheese over the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream, avocados, tomatoes, and cilantro.