My kids are super picky eaters; especially my little boy. Somedays… even weeks.. I struggle to find something he likes or will sit down and eat. I know its probably just a phase, but it is hard! When I do find something, I like to change it up a pit to offer more variety and introduce him to some fun new flavors.
My kids LOVE apples! Sliced or saucy- it is one of their favorite snacks. I knew they would go crazy for these, especially my son.
I wanted to try changing up the flavor and method of cooking a bit and the end result was fabulous! These apples were loved by everyone who tried them!
This is such an easy and delicious side dish! These apples are cooked to perfection with incredible flavor! I love the added flavors of lime and orange juice. It helps bring the apples to life.
If you want to change up the way you eat apples, or maybe add a fun new item to the table, give this one a try! It is fantastic!
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 large apples, peeled and sliced into ¼ inch thick slices (I use two Granny Smith and two Gala)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ½ cup cold water
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat.
- Add lime juice and orange juice and apples. Sauté for about 5 to 7 minutes while stirring constantly until apples are almost tender.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and slowly add to apples.
- Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. Boil for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.