Hi Chef In Training readers! I’m Kristy and I blog over at Sweet Treats and More where I share a lot of sweets, healthy eats, and everything in between. I’m so excited for Nikki and the arrival of her new baby boy! I’m expecting a boy as well and slightly jealous that her little guy is already here. I love snuggling on little newborns! I hope you are getting some sleep Nikki, and lovin’ on that little man every chance you get:)
Today I wanted to share a quick and easy meal because I know what a challenge getting dinner on the table can be after having a baby. Especially when you’ve got two other little kids running around. But everyone’s got to eat, right? So I like to stick to super simple meals that require just a few ingredients. And if there’s any way to make them a little healthier, I do that too.
These Creamy Salsa Chicken Burritos only take 10-15 minutes to throw together! Shredded rotisserie chicken, Greek yogurt, salsa (your choice), and black beans, make a super creamy, flavorful chicken filling to stuff inside a warm tortilla. Roll them up with a little brown rice, lettuce, and cheese and you’ve got a great tasting burrito! The Greek yogurt makes the filling especially creamy, and I promise, no one will know you used Greek yogurt! Make these as mild or as spicy as you’d like with the type of salsa you use!
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, drained
- 2 cups plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup salsa (I really like to use a mild Salsa verde)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (use the quick rice)
- chopped lettuce
- 1½ cups shredded cheese
- 4 flour tortillas (or use whole wheat)
- In a saucepan, whisk Greek yogurt, salsa, cumin, garlic, and salt and pepper together over medium heat. Stir in shredded chicken, black beans, and ½ cup of shredded cheese. Cook over medium heat until cheese is melted and mixture is hot.
- Warm flour tortillas in the microwave or on a griddle. Divide creamy chicken mixture among tortillas. Top with a heaping spoonful of brown rice, chopped lettuce, and a sprinkle of shredded cheese. Roll up burritos and serve.
Thanks so much Kristy for being here today!
You can find Sweet Treats and More on: