My mom used to work at a Mexican restaurant during her college days. To this day, she raves about their Beef Empanadas. While I was visiting a few weeks ago, she whipped some up and I must admit, they are as delicious as she raves about them! The tasty flavor of steak, seasonings and flavorful vegetables combine to make this one extraordinary meal.
If you are looking for a new, easy and delicious dinner, give these a try! You will love them!
By December 4, 2013Published:
- Yield: 16 empanadas (16 Servings)
A new, easy and delicious dinner the whole family will love!
- 2 packages refrigerated Pillsbury Pie Crust 4 rolls of pie crusts all together
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 2 cups chopped and cooked steak
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 medium bell pepper diced
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 cup Mexican Blend Shredded cheese
- 1 egg
- Sauté onion, bell pepper, garlic togehter in oil. Add steak, salt , pepper cumin, and chili powder. Set aside and cool completely.
- Divide each pie crust into four balls (you will have a total of 16 balls of dough between the four rolls of pie crust you started with. Roll out to a 5" disc and place 2 1/2 tablespoons of meat mixture on 1/2 of the pie disc. Top with chredded cheese. Fold other half over top and pinch to seal. use a fork to make pretty design along edge of empanadas.
- Place on a greased or foil lined cookie sheet. Brush with egg. Bake at 375 for 15 - 20 min.