This Summer feels exceptionally hot compared to others. We are melting. Because we are trying to beat the heat, snow cones and ice cream seem to be a common occurrence in my home. Let me tell you, today’s recipe is one you are going to want to make note of. It is ridiculously good.
This recipe has actually been a long time coming. My good friend Ashton over at Something Swanky whipped up this delicious Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream recipe a few months back that had me drooling for days. I knew instantly I wanted to do my own variation… Chocolate-fied and Nutella-fied.
The Nutella swirls harden up after frozen to produce a Nutella shell woven through out. That could very well be my favorite part of the whole ice cream ;) Together, the Oreo and Nutella complement one another to produce one amazing, creamy, chocolatey dessert.
Okay, bottom line, make this. SOOOO EASY and SOOOO stinkin good! Seriously.
Homemade Oreo Nutella Ice Cream
By July 21, 2013Published:
NO ICE CREAM MACHINE REQUIRED! This Ice Cream is DELICIOUS! And whips up in no time at all!
- 1 (8 oz) tub Cool Whip thawed
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 15 Oreos
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup Nutella
- In a large bowl, combine cool whip, sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese, butter and vanilla and beat until well combined and smooth.
- Finely crush Oreos in a food processor. (you can use an alternate method if you would like to).
- Combine finely crushed Oreos and 1/4 cup softened butter and combine until uniform in appearance.
- Drop by small spoonfuls evenly over the top of cream mixture.
- Next, as best as possible, evenly drizzle/distribute Nutella over the top of Oreos.
- Do NOT stir mixture. With a rubber spatula, fold the mixture about 4 times to evenly distribute Oreos and Nutella. You want the chunks so try as best as possible not to over fold.
- Pour into a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Cover with saran wrap and freeze for at least four hours.
(recipe adapted from: Something Swanky)