I just got back from a super fun girls-getaway-weekend with my friend Alyssa from The Recipe Critic. One thing we decided was that calories DON’T count on girls weekends…right?… I wish! My elliptical can testify otherwise :)
Before the road trip began, we stopped to get ourselves some Diet Cokes and some munchies for the ride. At the gas station, I saw some Lucky Charms Treats and knew I HAD to try them out. Oh. My. Word. I am addicted. They are simply WONDERFUL!
As we were driving, being the food bloggers that we are, we started discussing what other yummy cereal could be turned into a delicious treat. Thats when Reese’s Puffs popped into my head. I brought this up to Alyssa who said that she had a recipe for Reese’s Puff Treats already on her blog, BUT I decided I was going to take it a step further and give it a peanut-buttery, white-chocoaltey goodness on its bottom side just like the Lucky Charms Treats. The end result… FANTASTIC!
My whole family gobbled them right up. But who wouldn’t?! Reese’s Puffs are one of our favorite cereals in my house… add some extra special ingredients to it and how on earth could it go wrong!?!
If you love Reese’s Puffs, if you love peanut butter and/or if you love chocolate….then you need to make these ASAP! Trust me, you will be SO happy you did!
Reese's Puff Peanut Butter Treats
By May 29, 2013Published:
- Yield: 16 Servings
These are just like the Lucky Charms Treats, only perfected for a peanut-butter/chocolate lover! These are DELISH!
- 7 cups Reese's Puff Cereal
- 10 oz. large marshmallows
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 12 oz. white chocolate candy coating
- 1/4 cup Reese's Peanut Butter chips
- Measure out the Reese's Puff cereal into a large bowl or ziplock bag.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, melt butter completely (about 30-35 seconds)
- Add in large marshmallows and stir marshmallows to evenly coat with melted butter.
- Place bowl back in microwave for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted. Stir to evenly combine butter and marshmallows.
- Quickly stir in Reese's Puff cereal to evenly coat.
- Press down into a 9x13 baking dish that has been generously sprayed with cooking spray. If needed to, spray some cooking spray on your hands so the marshmallow doesn't stick to your hands while you press. Let sit out on countertop for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, cut Reese's Puff Treats into about 16 squares and set aside.
- In a small to medium microwave-safe bowl, add white chocolate candy coating and heat in 30 second increments, stirring at the end of each increment, until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Add Reese's Peanut Butter Chips to the hot melted chocolate and stir until completely melted and stirred in.
- Dip the bottom of each Reese's Puff Treat into the Peanut Butter White Chocolate and place on wax paper, parchment paper or foil. Repeat until all treats have their bottoms evenly coated.
- Let stand until chocolate is hardened.