Lettuce wraps are a great way to enjoy food without adding a lot of extra calories. Normally, I love to wrap my hearty fillings in tortillas or some sort of bread product, but every now and again I love a good lettuce wrap.
My sister has been raving about this Peanut Lettuce Wrap recipe her friend gave her for over a year. It is one of her and her husband’s favorite meals. Recently, I decided to invite them over and make it for dinner. It was seriously SO simple.
I cooked my chicken in the slow cooker for a few hours with some chicken broth and it was ready to chop up just in time for dinner. You can cook your chicken whatever is easiest and most delicious for you.
If you are looking for a new and exciting dinner, definitely give this one a try! It is a great way to change it up and present something delicious and fun for the family to eat! Who knows… it might even get your picky eaters to eat some lettuce ;)
Peanut Lettuce Wraps
By May 24, 2013Published:
- Yield: 12 Servings
A fun and delicious way to bring something new to the dinner table!
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 lime squeezed
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper chopped small
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper chopped small
- 2 cups cooked and diced chicken
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
- TT salt
- TT pepper
- 1 head lettuce torn into wrap sized pieces
- Combine peanut butter, coconut milk, orange juice, juice from one lime, honey, soy sauce, minced ginger, minced garlic in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add chopped carrots, chopped red and green bell peppers, cooked/diced chicken and peanuts to bowl and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper as needed for flavor.
- Place a few tablespoons worth into each lettuce wrap (or as much as desired) and enjoy!