There are very few things in this world that I like better than Greek and Mexican food. Today, the emphasis is on Greek.
This crostini recipe is the perfect balance of delicious and refreshing. With so many fresh vegetables and flavors, this is one appetizer people will keep coming back for more of. I think I might have downed 4 or 5 myself, not even lying!
It is like a mini Greek Salad with some tzatziki sauce and crisp bread. Can we talk about tzatziki sauce for a minute?… Is there a more refreshing sauce? That would be a negative in my opinion. Every time I partake of that creamy cucumber-y goodness, my taste buds are filled with complete satisfaction. Paired with other greek flavors, and this may be an award winning appetizer! Seriously, its one of my new favorites!
By May 20, 2013
- Yield: about 25 crostinis
This appetizer is insanely delicious! tzatziki sauce, tomoato, red onion, cucumber and feta combine to bring the perfect recipe.
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 1 loaf Baguette Bread thinly sliced into (about 20-25 slices)
- . . TZATZIKI SAUCE
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded cucumber
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. vinegar
- . . ADDITIONAL TOPPINGS
- 2-3 Roma Tomatoes diced
- 1/2 medium red onion chopped fingernail size
- 3 oz. crumbled feta cheese crumbled
- 1/8 cup shredded cucumber
- Brush baguette slices lightly with olive oil. Put them on a foil covered baking sheet and broil until edges had browned about 2-3 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand.
- To make tzatziki sauce, combine yogurt (or sour creame), shredded cucumber, minced garlic, salt, olive oil and vinegar in a medium bowl and stir until well combined.
- Spread each cooled crostini with 1-2 tablespoons of Tzatziki sauce. Store any tzatziki sauce leftovers in an air tight container in the fridge.
- Sprinkle each tzatziki topped crostini with a few tomato pieces and red onion pieces. Top with some crumbled feta cheese and a little bit of shredded cucumber for an added pop of color.