I saw this yummy recipe for Cookies and Cream Hot Cocoa over at my cute friend’s blog, The Recipe Critic. I decided to put my own spin on it and add some marshmallow extract and marshmallow ice cream topping. One of my favorite combos happens to be Oreo and Marshmallow.
As much as I love marshmallow flavored stuff and actually melty marshmallows INSIDE of things- like a S’more, I can’t have a plain marshmallow by itself. Is that way weird?!… Sometimes I think it is because my little girl pounds marshmallows like they are going out of style. That being said, pour some marshmallow extract in something or top with the delicious marshmallow ice cream topping (have you guys tried that stuff yet?!…AH-Mazing!) and I will be the first one in line.
My hubby and I have been making this Marshmallow Cookies and Cream Hot Cocoa all winter long. There is nothing better than kicking up your feet after a long and cold day and sipping on this glorious stuff. That’s right. Glorious. You will never have plain hot cocoa again!
Marshmallow Cookies and Cream Hot Chocolate
By February 24, 2013Published:
This recipe is amazing! Once you try it, you will never have regular hot cocoa ever again!
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup hot cocoa powder milk chocolate flavor
- 5 Double Stuff Oreos Finely processed in a food processor
- 1 tsp. marshmallow flavoring
- 2 Double Stuff Oreos broken up for garnish
- Marshmallow Flavored Ice Cream Topping for drizzle
- Warm up milk on stove until it becomes hot, but do not let it boil.
- Add in hot cocoa powder, finely ground/processed Oreo cookies and Marshmallow flavoring. Stir to combine well.
- Pour into two mugs. Top with whipping cream and drizzle with Marshmallow Ice Cream Topping. Sprinkle on some extra Oreo crumbs for garnish.
(recipe slightly adapted from: The Recipe Critic)