I love Mexican food, but you probably already know this about me by now. I could live off of it for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the rest of my life and die a happy girl, not even joking.
Luckily, Mexican food happens to be my family’s favorite as well, so this means we have it often.
My mom made these beauties for dinner when we came to visit about a month ago, and let me tell you, the Mexican/Italian mix is wonderful. They are so easy to make and our whole family enjoyed them. They will be joining our dinner rotation for sure :)
**Just realized I posted this recipe and spaced 2 of the filling ingredients. Don’t forget to add the corn and black beans :)**
By November 26, 2012
- Yield: 8-10 roll-ups (8-10 Servings)
These are so good! A great Mexican/Italian spin that my whole family LOVES!
- Cook pasta as directed but not until fully cooked. You want it cooked enough to be workable, but not fully cooked because it will continue to cook when you bake it.
- While pasta is cooking, combine shredded chicken, shredded cheese, salsa, corn, black beans and cumin in a large bowl.
- Lay out noodles, one at a time- keeping the rest in the water until ready to use). Smear about 1 Tbsp of cream cheese onto the noodle. Next, spread some of the chicken mixture on top.
- Roll up noodle and place in a 9x13 pan. Repeat with remaining noodles.
- Pour red enchilada sauce over the top of noodles.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cream of chicken. Spread over the top of enchilada roll-ups. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 40 minutes or until cheese is melted.