It must be holiday season or something because I sure am baking a lot :) At least it feels that way to me!
I have decided that Poke Cakes are my new favorite way to do cakes. Not only are they super easy, but each bite is gooey and delicious! When you need a dessert to impress your crowd but that takes very little effort, this is the way to go. Every time I put one of these “Better than Anything” cakes on the table, they disappear within minutes!
This particular “Better than Anything” cake holds a special place in my heart. Granted, the Original “Better than Anything” Cake still is the best in my opinion, but this one would have to place a close second. For all you chocolate-lovers out there, this is the cake for you! My mom (the biggest chocolate fanatic I know) says this is by far her favorite. You be the judge and let me know :)
Better than Anything Oreo Cake
By November 5, 2012
This is the perfect cake for all the chocolate-lovers out there! This cake is super impressive and super easy!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 1 box german chocolate cake mix and all ingredients it requires
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 oz) jar hot fudge
- 1 (8 oz.) tub cool whip thawed to room temperature
- 15 Oreos crushed/chopped
- Bake cake according to directions in a 9x13 pan.
- Let cake cool for about 5 minutes.
- Poke holes in cake with the handle end of a wooden spoon.
- While cake is still warm, slowly pour over sweetened condensed milk over the top making sure some gets in all the holes of the cake.
- Heat Jar of Hot Fudge until runny and hot. Make sure it is melted to a point that it will pour easily. Pour over top of cake, making sure some gets in all the holes of cake.
- Let cake cool completely then spread thawed cool whip over the top.
- Sprinkle crushed/chopped Oreos over the top of Cool Whip.
- Store in fridge until ready to eat. Store any leftovers in fridge.
For more “Better than Anything” cakes, be sure and check out: