Remember this Overnight French Toast Soufflé from yesterday? Remember how I also said that we had a big brunch a couple weekends ago?… Well, by big- I meant, we had TWO overnight yummy casseroles for breakfast!
The Overnight French Toast Soufflé was perfect for the breakfast sweet tooth, but today’s casserole is perfect for you salty savory lovers! My mother-in-law gave this recipe and I absolutely LOVE it! I am a huge spinach and tomato fan and this really hit the spot!
Overnight Breakfast Strata
By October 1, 2012
- Cook: 35-45 mins
An easy meal to fix and jam packed with great flavor!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 8-9 slices white bread, buttered on one side
- 12 eggs
- 1 quart half and half
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 tsp. black pepper
- 12 oz medium or sharp cheddar cheese
- 4-5 medium tomatoes chopped and/or diced
- 4-5 cups baby spinach leaves chop up if desired
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, onion powder, salt and black pepper until thoroughly beaten together.
- Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Layer white bread in a single layer, butter side up, on the bottom of greased 9x13 pan. You may need to trim the pieces to evenly cover the bottom.
- For the second layer, evenly sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the top of the bread.
- For the third layer, evenly distribute chopped/diced tomato over the top of the cheese.
- For the fourth layer, evenly sprinkle spinach over the top of the tomatoes.
- Evenly pour egg mixture over the top of your casserole. I like to press down my layers a little bit to ensure all is covered by egg mixture.
- Cover casserole and refrigerate at least one hour and up to overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-45 minutes or until cooked through.