Halloween is one of my favorite holidays! Growing up, my friends and I always made the most out of this fun holiday. I am almost embarrassed to admit how old I was before I quit going trick-or-treating… haha!
This year, my 3-year-old is getting really excited for it. I mean, last year was great… she could actually say “Trick-or Treat” at all the houses, but I don’t think she truly grasped how much fun we were having. This year, something clicked for her. All her favorite Disney shows have a Halloween spin on them. She came up to me one day and said, “Mom, are we going Trick-or -Treating? That is when I knew, this year was different. She was anticipating it, rather than just thrown into it. I asked her what she wanted to dress up as, and she replied, “Doc McStuffins.” For those of you who have no idea who or what “Doc McStuffins” is, she is the character in a Disney Junior Show. She is a doctor for toys and my daughter is obsessed! She is always singing the “Time for Your Check-up” song! I knew this was the perfect costume for her!
Getting my child to smile or even look at the camera is hard enough… but asking her to hold still is impossible. Close enough :)
Along with dressing up my little girl and going “Trick-or-Treating,” I absolutely live for Halloween parties! Halloween parties always have some of the coolest, craziest and most fun foods!
I was brainstorming the other day what I could take to one of our friend’s Halloween parties. I wanted something easy, something cute, and something that I could whip up in no time at all. Then these beauties came to mind! So fun, huh?! Of course, I searched to see if these were already out there in the blogging world and saw that Glorious Treats had made some, too! While my recipe is a bit different than hers, either way you make them would be great! Just wanted to give her a shout out because great minds think alike :)
Aren’t the so cute?! People LOVED them!
Best part of all?!…Made them in about 10 minutes! Easy Peasy!
Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats
By October 27, 2012Published:
This recipe is SO EASY and is the perfect treat to bring to any Halloween themed party!
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt butter (about 45 seconds)
- Pour in marshmallows and stir to coat evenly.
- Place back in microwave and heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in between each interval until marshmallows have melted.
- Separate melted marshmallow into three separate bowls (large enough for rice krispie cereal). Separate the melted marshmallow into big, medium and small amounts. I just eyeballed it until I felt like they were ranging in sizes. Basically you want a 3:2:1 ratio.
- In the largest melted marshmallow amount, stir in some yellow food coloring until desired color is reached. Stir in 3 1/2 cups Rice Krispie cereal until evenly mixed.
- In the medium amount of melted marshmallow, stir in orange food coloring (may need to mix yellow and red) until desired color is reached and stir to evenly combine. Stir in 2 1/2 cups Rice Krispie cereal until evenly mixed.
- Stir 1 cup of Rice Krispie cereal into the small amount of marshmallow until evenly mixed in.
- Grease a pie pan. In the center of pie pan, press the yellow section along the outside of pan into a circle shape. Then press the orange section inside of the yellow to form a circle shape. Place small section in the center and press down until remaining whole is filled. Let cool and form shape.
- Cut into eights or as small as you want them to be.