Life is busy around my parts. The hubby has his busy season at work and the kids want to soak in every last bit of warmth we have here in Utah. On days I know life is a little crazier than normal, I love to do crock pot meals.
I found this yummy recipe in a Taste of Home magazine and both my hubby and I loved it! There was some prep work before hand, but it was still so easy! Definitely give this one a try! You will be happy you did!
Slow Cooker Sweet and Saucy Chicken
By September 28, 2012
- Yield: 4 chicken breasts (4 Servings)
A yummy and easy meal that will please your whole family!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cups flour
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. dried minced onion
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Spray slow cooker with Pam or non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken breasts in crock pot.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and flour. Stir in water, vinegar and soy sauce. Add ketchup, onion, mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Make sure and check it. All crock pots cook at different temps and it make get done sooner :)
- Serve over rice.
(recipe from: Taste of Home Slow Cooker Recipes)