Last weekend we had a baby shower for my cute sister-in-law. I brought some yummy cupcakes to share.
Of course, like any new recipe I try, Nutella always works its way into it somehow :) Nutella is a staple item in my pantry at all times. Whenever I start brainstorming a recipe, I try to think of a way I can incorporate Nutella.
I used my perfect chocolate cupcake recipe and the end result was incredible. They were definitely a hit at the shower! I also swung by my parents place on the way home and my entire family approved as well! There you have it… by the mouth of multiple witnesses, these are DELISH!
Nutella Cupcakes with Nutella Buttercream
By September 14, 2012
A delicious and moist Nutella cupcake topped with an incredible Nutella buttercream frosting! This dessert is both decadent and delicious!
- Add the sifted cocoa powder to a medium sized bowl and pour in the cup of hot liquid. Whisk until completely dissolved.
- Next add the buttermilk to cool down the mixture, then add the sugar and whisk until all is combined.
- Add the eggs, oil and vanilla and mix again.
- In a small bowl, stir flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk this into the wet mixture until you no longer see any lumps.
- Stir in heavy cream and melted Nutella until evenly mixed in.
- Pour into cupcake tins and bake at 350 degrees F for 18-22 minutes or until done. Let cool and chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- TO MAKE NUTELLA BUTTERCREAM: Beat butter, vanilla and salt together until lightened and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add dry Dream Whip until combined. Next beat in Nutella, milk and powdered sugar. Mix until thoroughly combined. Once cupcakes have cooled, frost onto cupcakes.
*NOTE: I added some chopped hazelnuts to some of my cupcakes. I think I preferred them without best.
(Cupcake recipe adapted from: Good Food Gourmet)
(Frosting recipe adapted form: Creative Chaos)