If I am going to sit down to Italian food, 9 times out of 10 it will contain Alfredo sauce. I can’t get enough of it!
This meal was absolutely wonderful! It combined all the things I love on my favorite pizza into pasta form… making it SO EASY! I whipped this up in literally no time at all and my family all enjoyed it.
Creamy Alfredo Spinach Artichoke Chicken Pasta
By August 31, 2012
Combines so many great flavors in one easy dish!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 10-12 oz. penne or ziti pasta
- 2-3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 14.75 oz. jar artichoke hearts
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- . ALFREDO SAUCE . .
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cook pasta according to packages directions.
- Place spinach with 2 Tbsp. olive oil, 2 Tbsp. water into a skillet. Cover and cook on low until spinach wilts and becomes soft, set aside.
- Drain jar of Artichoke hearts and chop and dice up.
- To make Creamy Alfredo Sauce: Melt butter in saucepan, add flour and stir to combine. Once you have your roux, add heavy cream and milk and stir constantly until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and stir in Garlic salt, onion powder and Parmesan cheese until well combined.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain. Stir in Creamy Alfredo, spinach, artichoke and cooked and shredded chicken until evenly distributed.