It is summer time which usually means we are all out enjoying the outdoors! On days I know we are going to be gone for a few hours at a time, I love to do crock pot dinners. This one is absolutely delicious and comes from the 365 Days of Slow-Cooking Cookbook (one of my personal favs!). It is super easy, requiring little work, and the end product is absolutely delicious!
Slow Cooker Chicken and Mushrooms
By June 17, 2012
An easy meal that is jam-packed with flavor!
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the onion, garlic, oil, tomato paste and thyme; cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring every minute, until onions are tender. Pour into slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Stir the chicken, mushrooms, broth, vinegar and tapioca into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
- Remove chicken; use two forks and break it into large pieces. (this is optional, I left mine whole)
- Remove fat from surface of sauce with a large spoon.
- Place chicken back into the slow cooker. Add the evaporated milk, cheese and parsley.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve over rice or pasta.
recipe from: 365 Days of Slow-Cooking Cookbook by Karen Bellessa Peterson