My grandpa loves pistachios.
I remember going on drives with him as a little girl in his old pickup truck and how he always brought a bag of pistachios for the trip. Drives with my grandpa are always my favorite. I don’t know if it is the fact he grew up in the depression, but my grandpa is someone who notices the beautiful detail in everything and appreciates it. These drives we went on were, more often than not, to look at the scenery and appreciate this beautiful world God has provided for us. I hang on to his every word. My grandpa is always someone I look to for wisdom and someone whom I look up to in every aspect.
While he would go off on the most deep and often-poient tangents on these drives, I would munch on his stash of pistachios and soak it all in. I think that is partially why I love this salad so much, because every bite reminds me of him and always will.
This salad comes from my grandma and is one that is sure to be a hit at any party or summer dinner :)
Pistachio Pudding Salad
By June 18, 2012
An easy and delicious side dish to any meal!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 1 (3.4 oz) box Pistachio pudding dry
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut (optional- my family prefers it without)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 (8 oz) tub cool whip
- Mix dry pistachio pudding mix, crushed pineapple and juice, chopped pecans, coconut and mini marshmallows together in a large bowl.
- Fold in Cool whip. Store in fridge.
- This recipe may be made a day ahead