Are you ever in need of a quick breakfast or treat?
Well, it doesn’t get much easier than these little tasty danishes. I was so excited when I stumbled upon this recipe from Food Lush . I whipped these up in seriously no time at all! My whole family enjoyed them and I know yours will, too :)
Easy Cream Cheese Danish
By June 22, 2012Published:
Whips up extremely fast and is absolutely delicious!
- 2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1 (8 oz.) block cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. sour cream
- pie filling or preserves of your choice optional
- . CREAM CHEESE ICING . .
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- milk as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Open the crescent rolls carefully to avoid unrolling or tearing the dough. You'll need to leave it in it's cylindrical shape.
- Slice the dough into pieces about 1/4 inch thick (slice as if you were slicing cookie dough so they are circle shaped). Place the slices on a cookie sheet and press the center in to make an indentation for the cream cheese filling.
- n a large mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, white sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and sour cream. Add a dollop of the mixture to the indentation you made in each circle of dough. If you like fruit with your danish, add a small amount to the indented center of the rolls before the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
- While the danish are baking, Make a glaze to drizzle over top. Mix together the cream cheese, vanilla, confectioner's sugar and milk and in a small bowl. Use a spoon to drizzle it over the tops of the danish.
- After danishes finish cooking, allow them to cool for 10-15 minutes before icing.
recipe slightly adapted from: Food Lush