Today is my birthday, and it is funny, I was re-reading my birthday post from last year and realized, aside form the fact that I was 8 months prego, I was super excited because I had just reached my 100 follower mark! I can’t believe how much this blog has grown in a year! It seriously overwhelms me the amount of love and support you wonderful people give me. Thank you so much for helping to make this blog the success that it is. You will never know how much I appreciate it!
Since it is my birthday, I thought I would share with you one of my personal favorite dinners. It is so easy to make because you don’t have to precook the meat or the noodles! I know what you are thinking, you don’t have to precook the ground beef?! And you heard me right, no precooking! It cooks long enough in the oven that everything comes out PERFECT! My neighbors introduced me to this recipe back when I was in Jr. High and it has been a family favorite ever since!
By May 26, 2012
- Cook: 60 mintues mins
A easy and delicious Mexican dinner
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese divided
- 1 pkg. manicotti shells
- 1 (15 oz) bottle green taco sauce (I like La Victoria Mild Green)
- 1 cup warm water
- sour cream
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef (uncooked), refried beans and 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterrey pepper jack cheese and taco seasoning until well blended.
- Fill uncooked manicotti shells with meat mixture by gently pressing meat mixture into shell until the shell fills. *A trick I like to do is to fill a large zip lock bag with the meat mixture, seal. Cut off one of the bottom corners and squeeze the mixture into the shells.*
- Mix bottle of green taco sauce and 1 cup water in a large bowl. Pour a small amount of the green sauce into the bottom of a large baking dish to cover.
- Lay shells in single layer on top of enchilada sauce. Pour remaining sauce over manicotti shells. Sprinkle on 1/2 cup of the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven and top with 1/2 cup more cheese and return to oven until cheese melts.
- Top with sour cream.