German Chocolate will forever remind me of my mom. Growing up she would always make it. It has become one of my favorite cakes… I just love the taste of the frosting! I saw this fun recipe for German Chocolate Brownies and it quickly made it up my list on things “I must try.” I am definitely more of a brownie girl that a cake girl so these were perfect for me! Try these out! They are SO easy and your friends and family will think you are absolutely incredible!
German Chocolate Brownies
By April 26, 2012
- Yield: 1 9x13 pan (12 Servings)
- Cook: 25 mins
German Chocolate will forever remind me of my mom. Growing up she would always make it. It has become one of my favorite cakes... I …
- For the Brownies: Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and blend well. Add vanilla, salt, cocoa and flour. Don’t overbeat. Pour into a greased 9X13 pan.Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes. Let cool.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave for 1 minute and drizzle with a spoon over brownies.
- Melt caramel bits in microwave for 1 minute and drizzle over chocolate.
- For the Frosting: Combine egg yolks, sugar, milk, butter, and vanilla in a large saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 12 minutes ( Make sure to stir consistently for at least 10 min). Add coconut and pecans. Beat until thick enough to spread. Pour over top of brownies. You may want to place in the refrigerator to harden.
- I drizzled some melted chocolate over the brownies and topped with pecans.