My daughter turned two last Tuesday…I can’t even believe it! Time really does fly when you have kids! Avrie (my little girl) currently has two favorite loves in life.
1. Buzz Lightyear
2. “Moe” her sock monkey
We decided to theme her party around “Moe” and she LOVED it! We kicked off the day by going to the zoo and came home for some “monkey” themed foods. The next few days will be the recipes from this fun party!The first “Monkey” recipe is adapted from one I bookmarked weeks ago from the lovely Pioneer Woman! It looked extremely easy and fast to throw together for a birthday treat! This treat was not only easy, but completely DELICIOUS! We loved every bite and there was not one left at the end of the party!
just look at that gooey cinnamon-sugar goodness….mmm!
recipe adapted from: Pioneer Woman
recipe makes about 22 muffins
2 cans Grands Homestyle biscuits (you can use regular bread dough too but I went for the extremely fast and easy route)
butter (about 1 to 1 1/2 sticks)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Add about 1/2 teaspoon butter to each muffin cup
3. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon to each muffin cup (no need to mix them together just dump measured amount in separately for even quicker prep time!)
4. Cut biscuit dough into quarters, roll into balls and place three balls into each muffin tin containing butter, sugar, and cinnamon.
5. Top muffins with another 1/2 teaspoon butter. Sprinkle about 1/3 teaspoon sugar and a big pinch cinnamon on top to finish.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
7. Remove from oven and immediately drizzle sweetened condensed milk over the top of each one. Be generous! Allow rolls to cool completely before serving (if you can…I found it pretty hard! They look, smell and taste AMAZING!)