Bajio Chicken Salad

My husband and I LOVE Bajio Grill!  It is seriously DELICIOUS! I was so sad when they closed the one by our home :( I saw this recipe floating around Pinterest from Your Homebased Mom and got so excited I almost threw it in my crock pot as I was reading the recipe! My hubby and I enjoyed it! It has a fabulous flavor and was really simple to make and throw together!

BAJIO CHICKEN SALAD
found recipe on: Your Homebased Mom

5 chicken breasts
1/2 cup salsa
1 Tbsp cumin
1/2 cup brown sugar (more to taste)
1 4 oz. can diced green chilies
6 oz. Sprite

Put chicken breasts in the crock pot.
In a large bowl combine salsa, cumin, brown sugar, diced green chilies and sprite.
Dump over chicken and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
Remove chicken and shred.
Return to crock pot for 1 more hour.
Thicken the juices with a little cornstarch mixed in water.
Serve with tortillas, black beans, Romaine lettuce, cheese, and anything you feel like topping it with!
If you want more of a kick to your chicken rather than sweet, add some hot sauce, hotter salsa, or more chilies!
The great thing about this salad is it is SO flexible to fit the meal you are wanting!

Comments

Stephanie says:

OOOH sounds delicious! I think I will be pinning this to my YUM-Must Make board on Pinterest! :)

yay! I love Bajio and the one by us closed down as well :( I mean we still have Cafe Rio but I loved BAjio. Thanks for the recipe, this is one I will make for sure!

Bella@Bellabeforeandafter.blogspot.com says:

Now that sounds so yummy. I've never heard of sprite though, he he. I'm sure it makes the chicken super tender, very interesting.

Your pics is making me drool. STOP IT…. YUMMY

Hugs, Bella :)
    **AMAZE ME AUGUST** @ Bella Before and After Any projects, recipes, diy welcome.
    **PARTY PLANNING TUESDAYS** @ Euro Style Cakes. All your party planning tips, decorations, invitations, and recipes welcome at my NEW party.

Oh my that sounds so good, it's added to my must make list.

Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

Kimberly from "bugaboo" says:

Looks delish!
    I wanted to let you know I tried your s'more bars and they were SCRUMPTIOUS! I had very little self control around them. In fact, my pictures are horrid because I couldn't wait for decent lighting or even for them to cool before I ate them.
    bugaboo, mini, mr & me

this looks really good. can't wait to try it!

Stephanie of Gumdrop Pass says:

I just thought you should know that I bought all the ingredients for this today – I'll be making this tomorrow! Looks so yummy – I just had to do it! :)

Delicious!!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

I had a friend over for lunch last week & made this. We both loved it! I was wanting a little more spice so added some hot sauce to the chicken. It was delicious, easy & unique. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

katy @ redBuddy notes

Green Mama says:

Thanks for the follow I'll follow u as well. Your recipes look amazing, my mouth is watering looking at all the delicious foods!

Sprite? You really threw me on that one. I'm not much of a cook, though….so I am sure soda is something not-so-out-of-the-ordinary in recipes. :-) That whole recipe sounds delish!!

Yum, this chicken salad looks absolutely DELICIOUS! Love it! :)

This looks delicious! My husband and I love Bajio too. The two near us also closed down and we were sad. I am disappointed by the food that the new place has now. Thanks for the recipe!

Yum-O!!! Thanks for linking up. I'm featuring this on my FAB 5 tomorrow!Smiles,MelanieReasons To Skip The Housework {The Blog}Tinker B Boutique {The Shop}{skipthehousework@hotmail.com}

Roz from 'la bella vita' says:

Oh my goodness, what a great recipe! So awesome in fact that I featured it today on Fresh Food Friday. Thanks so much! I hope you can stop by and share 2 or 3 more recipes! Everyone appreciates your recipes! Roz

Oh wow – never heard of adding sprite to a SC recipe or any savoury recipe for that matter – now I need to try it!! ;)THanks!

Can it be Diet Sprite?

I have over two pounds of chicken- do you think I should double the recipe? Also- I have sprite zero. That shouldn’t make a difference, right?

Making this for dinner tonight! Looks so so yummy!

I am making this for dinner tonight! Just wondering f it is 14 oz of green chiles or 1.4 oz lol. I don’t wanna get it wrong!

This is probably a really dumb question, but do you think it would be okay to use 7-Up? Or would it alter the taste? I’ve made this so many times with the Sprite and it is SO good, but all I have at my house right now is 7-Up!!!

Cyndi Swank says:

@ Jen asked if it was 14 oz. green chilies or 1.4 oz. You replied it was 14 oz. I read the recipe as one 4 oz. can of green chilies. Did I read it wrong?

Just discovered your site, and I love it. I’ve got the beans in the crockpot right now for refried beans for tomorrow. I know they’re going to be great!

Thanks!