Chocolate Rolo Pudding Cookies

After I found my new love for these pudding cookies, I wanted to try out new combos using different pudding mixes. I saw in a few of your comments you had tried different variations and I wanted to as well!

I used the same recipe just substituted the type of pudding and mix-ins and added a little salt this time. These cookies really are incredible! This time around I made Chocolate pudding cookies and they were delicious!

Chocolate Rolo Pudding Cookies from chef-in-training.com ....Caramel-Chocolate perfection!

CHOCOLATE PUDDING COOKIES

1 1/2 sticks (or 3/4 cup) butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 (3.4 oz) package instant chocolate pudding
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
2-1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips/Rolos

Preheat oven to 350 F.
Stir together flour, salt and baking soda and set aside.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together.
Add in pudding package and beat until well blended.
Add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
Add flour mixture slowly until well incorporated.
At this point, I split my dough in half.  To half of the dough I added 1/2 to 3/4 cup chocolate chips. To the other half, I took a Rolo and molded each cookie dough ball around the Rolo.
Roll into 1″ balls and place on greased baking sheet.
Bake at 350 F for 8-12 minutes.

Comments

Sarah G says:

pudding pack in cake are great too

Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com says:

Even the picture makes me drool! I can't wait to try them and you have been pinned! I would love if you would stop by and share these at my HomeMade Monday blog party at HomeSavvyAtoZ.com!

Rolos in the center – yum!!! These look delicious!

Most of my recipe pinboard is your stuff :) You've done it again!

I love that you added Rolos. I love those things. I'll have to try these out.

BigBearswife says:

Looks great!! I've done them with cheesecake pudding and pumpkin pie pudding!! yum!

Never thought of using pudding in making cookies. These look perfect and so delicious. I gotta try them this weekend. :)

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk says:

Wow! Yum!!

Chari T. says:

OMG!!! Thank youuuu for sharing this I will definitely try it <3 guhh LOOKS YUMMY!!! Followed your blog on Bloglovin' <3

These look so scrumptious! I love chocolate…anything: )

Yumm!!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

Stephanie says:

Those look so yummy! I can't wait to try them! They look absolutely perfect too!

McKinley {Haolepinos} says:

I have totally done this exact same thing!! Ohhh it is magical, only instead of pudding mix it is a cake mix. Cakies are soooooooo yummy! This is making my mouth water. I looooooooooove all of your recipes. They seriously look amazing, and all the ones I did do are delicious! PS I did a Banana Faster Pancake and I totally thought of you when making them!

Something Swanky says:

These look so incredible! I always look forward to seeing what you link up :)

Ashton
    {Sweet Treats Thursday}

Amazing, I'm making them tonight! Thank you!

Shani @ inspirednest.ca says:

Wow! These look so good. I can't wait to give this recipe a try

These look and sound sooooo nice! can't wait to try some thanxx

Meaghan Luby says:

holy cow! SO WEIRD! i posted the EXACT combination like, a year or two ago. check it! http://clutzycooking.blogspot.com/2010/02/juniors-valentine-pudding-cookies.html

chocolate pudding cookies with rolos! did anyone suggest that after seeing my page or are we just mind twins?

either way, super awesome :-D
    glad that awesome flavor combo is sweeping the web. thanks for sharing and love your blog!
    -meg
    @ http://clutzycooking.blogspot.com

The Answer Is Chocolate says:

OK…the perfect dessert for the lasagne rollups and the parmesan knots. You'll be delivering this when???

Wow. Those look to die for! I don't bake much of this stuff in our house but I've heard of making cookies with pudding and it's something I plan to try someday! I hope you will show this off at my VIP party today! http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/08/vip-party-22.html

Rolos and chocolate pudding sounds like a super yummy combo! Just put your extras in the mail for me:-)

Rolos? Yeah, that's the ticket! Perfection!

I made your other version the other day, and I was wondering how it would be with chocolate pudding, and here it is! I'll have to try these as well.Thanks for linking up with me!

I gained 5 pounds just reading the recipe! Thanks so much for linking to the Tuesday To Do Party! Smiles!Jamiwww.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

I used your recipe with Andes Mints and Candy Cane Kiss. They were wonderful. I mentioned you in my post http://nakedthriftblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/if-you-give-mouse-cookie.html

Made these tonight and they're still cooling…however they don't flatten?? For what it's worth, I didn't mix the dry ingredients…my husband did. Not sure if we did something wrong.

I wonder if reese cups would work as well, sounds yummy.

I made these today. They were a little dry. I wonder if it would make a difference to mix the instant pudding before adding it. I'm gonna try it next time